Remember: Your Tattoo is not finished until it is totally healed
When your tattoo is completed and / or with work in progress after each session it will be cleaned at the studio. From that moment on it is your responsibility to hygienically take careof your tattoo/s. Good hygiene and carewill reduce the risk of infection, aid healing and help maintain the color. · Before touching your tattoo at any time, make sure you ‘Wash Your Hands’ thoroughly with antibacterial soap.
· Use only your cleaned hands or fingertips to wash your tattoo using warm water and antibacterial Gently remove all traces of blood and Ink from the skin: the tattoo should no longer look shiny if it is properly cleaned.
· Leave the tattoo to dry naturally in the air for around 10-15 minutes.
· Apply a thin coating (too much will suffocate your tattoo and delay healing) of a recommended aftercare ointment such as: Aquafor or an unscented lotion of your choice or there is a range of specially formulated tattoo aftercare products that you can purchase that will work.
· If you have any reaction to any of the products then stop use immediately and call us 503-899-7601 for assistance.
· Do not cover the tattoo. Repeat the cleaning and aftercare treatment 3 times daily for approximately 2 weeks. If the tattoo starts to feel tight or dry an unscented moisturizer can be applied.
· Following these procedures will reduce scabbing. Most people will only develop a thin film over the tattoo that will flake off for around 2 weeks.
· Keeping your tattoo clean will reduce the risk of infection.
· Try to avoid long soaks in the bath. Hot water in contact with your skin will detach scabs or soak into the skin and loosen the ink. This could lead to your tattoo looking patchy when healed. A short shower is preferable for the first 2 weeks.
· Avoid swimming, sauna and hot tubs etc during healing.
· Avoid vigorous exercise, sports and going to the gym during the healing process. Sweat will irritate the tattoo and it increases the risk of infection.
· DO NOT pick or scratch at the healing tattoo as this will remove the ink. You will then have to have the tattoo redone.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION OR PROBLEMS WITH YOUR TATTOO PLEASE CALL 503-899-7601